Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Busy Time of Year

I find myself saying "this is the busiest time of the school year" throughout the entire school year.  I now have many of my classroom teachers collaborating with me on inquiry units.  I read an article recently about using QR codes in education.  I am planning a unit on genres for my 3rd-5th grade students using QR codes.  I am very lucky to have an entire set of iPads to use with my classes.  My incredibly awesome Computer Lab Aide is finding an app for QR codes for me.  I am ready for our next cool tech tool.  I am enjoying posting to my blog and viewing other blogs.  I think I will add a few photos to my blog soon. 

Happy Reading and Blogging!!!
Laurie Alden

2 comments:

  1. I am curious to hear about how your QR codes project goes! I read an article about using QR codes on the spine labels of library books and embedding them with book trailers so that students can watch a preview of the book before they read it. I thought it sounded like an awesome idea! I would love to try it but I am not too familiar with this technology yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will make sure I share my QR unit on my blog as soon as I am finished. I am looking forward to it. Lots of ideas, just need to pull it together.

    ReplyDelete